Simatek Drum Feeder
The patented Simatek Drum Feeder is an ideal feeding system for conveying fragile products - both easy and poor flowing products.
The system fills the buckets continuously and separately without waste – no overlap required.
The function makes it possible to convey with low chain speed in combination with a high filling degree resulting in an increased capacity despite the low speed. This optimisation also ensures a minimum dust generation when conveying dusty products.
The gap between the buckets eliminates the need for most guides. Only a forced guidance of the buckets at emptying is needed, which results in significant cost savings on wearing parts and a substantial enhanced operational reliability.
The drum feeder is directly driven by the elevator chain and rated relative to the buckets and requires no further energy supply. The integrated dosing damper valve is controlled electronically from the enclosed control unit or directly from PLC.
The feeding system is executed in an ”easy-to-clean” design, which makes it possible to open and disassemble the main components in few minutes.
This is a reliable and gentle feeding system specially suited for the process industry for conveyance of fragile as well as abrasive products.
The drum feeder may be retrofitted on existing elevators.
• High capacity at a low speed
• Gentle product feeding with optimum bucket filling
• Minimum forced guidance of the elevator buckets = less wear
• ”Easy to clean” design
• Increased operating reliability and limited service needs
• Minimum dust generation when conveying dusty products
• The drive of the drum requires no further electrical installation or energy supply
• Integrated electrically controlled dosing damper valve
Sugar, powder, corn, enzymes,