Simatek Drum Feeder
The Simatek Drum Feeder (patented in the EU and USA and patent pending in Chile) is a perfect feeding system when conveying fragile products - for both easy and poor flowing products.
The system continuously fills the buckets separately without waste – no overlap required.
The function makes it possible to run with a low chain speed in combination with high filling resulting in an increased capacity despite the low speed. This optimisation also ensures a minimum dust generation when conveying dusty products.
The gap between the buckets means that there is only need for a forced guidance of the buckets at emptying, which implies significant cost savings on wearing parts and a substantial enhanced operational reliability.
The drum feeder can advantageously be delivered for traditional Simatek elevators with overlap on the buckets, and it can likewise be retrofitted on existing elevators.
The drum feeder is directly driven by the elevator chain and rated relative to the buckets and requires no further energy supply. The integrated dosing damper valve is controlled electronically from the enclosed control unit or directly from PLC.
The feeding system is executed in an ”easy to clean” design, which makes it possible to open and disassemble the main components in few minutes.
This is a reliable and gentle feeding system specially suited for the process industry for conveyance of fragile as well as abrasive products.
• High capacity at a low speed
• Gentle product feeding with optimum bucket filling
• Minimum forced guidance of the elevator buckets = less wear
• ”Easy to clean” design
• Increased operating reliability and limited service needs
• Minimum dust generation when conveying dusty products
• The drive of the drum requires no further electrical installation or energy supply
• Integrated electrically controlled dosing damper valve
Sugar, powder, corn, enzymes,